Wednesday 19 November 2014

Foundations are in... an update on the building work

As I walked round the site on Tuesday I was expecting to see the same blank canvas of a building site; the empty footprint where the old centre had been removed has looked the same for the past two weeks. However I was so excited to see things have happened, the old foundations had been revealed!

Large trenches had been dug around the original foundation; maroon red bricks were visible from the edges, hidden for nearly 30 years. There were also a large number of fluorescently jacketed builders, contractors and managers looking hard at work. It was a rather cold morning, still some builders were wondering round in t-shirts... how? I don’t know, I was freezing!

The following day I returned for another photograph of the building work to put towards our time-lapse photograph. The scene of the construction site was full of heavy machinery, including diggers, dumpers and cement mixers. Foundations were being laid! It’s so exciting to watch the daily development of our new visitor centre. I have always been told you need good, strong foundations to build a sturdy building and with the amount of cement mixers we’ve seen going through I can rest assured these foundations are well cemented.

Keep up to date with the work on site but signing up to our blog. Simply enter your email in to the box on the right hand panel to make sure you get emailed when a new post has been put up. 















No comments:

Post a Comment