Monday 9 February 2015

Nature's reach update


 Just a quick blog update today. I wanted to let you all know about the amazing progress of natures reach, the new visitor centre. The Harpers team have been working hard and the new building is taking shape. We have floors and walls and doorways, it’s very exciting indeed.

 
Have a look at these pictures:

Lesley looking good in her  safety gear

A view of the whole building site.


I want to say a huge well done to the building team!!!! Over the past couple of weeks they have been battling against arctic like conditions; frozen water pipes and frozen building materials have made their task frustratingly difficult. This week looks to deliver a milder forecast.
I went for a walk yesterday and I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face and I only needed one pair of socks. For me (as well as hosiery), by far the best signs that winter is on its way out are those that Mother Nature provides. Singing dunnocks in the hedgerows and snowdrops popping up everywhere tell me that scraping my windscreen in a morning might be a thing of the past.
Don't forget, sign up to the blog if you want to keep up to date with the building progress, wildlife news and all the other wonderful goings on down on the nature reserve. If you would prefer to find out things in person, you could always pop in and see us. We're open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment